The final theses are allocated via the faculty's own online portal "FLIP".
At our chair, you write your thesis on various topics in the field of Corporate Finance and related areas.
Send a short application by e-mail to the chair's secretariat within the application deadline of the central procurement procedure. Two or three sentences about your motivationfor writing at our chair are sufficient, as well as the information of which topic you would like to work on and when you would like to write your thesis at our chair.
If you have applied for a thesis, an initial interview will take place about 2 weeks before the desired start of the project in order to find a concrete topic. Your own topic suggestions can be considered here. Once the topic has been definitely determined, the final thesis must be registered within 2 weeks. Otherwise, the right to supervision of the thesis expires. Depending on your thematic preference, please arrange the first interview with the respective chair member.
- Business Evaluation
- Portfolio Selection und Capital Markets
- Influence of Taxation on Investment- and Finance Determination
- Risk management
- Business evaluation
- Corporate governance
- Empirical capital market research with a focus on equities
- Volatility predictions and spill-over effects
- FX trading strategies with focus on carry trades
- Empirische Kapitalmarktforschung mit Schwerpunkt Aktien und Derivate
- Risikomanagement mit Schwerpunkt auf Tail Risks und Volatilitätsvorhersagen
- Empirical capital market research
- Portfolio theory
- Risk management
Currently the chair has the possibility to work in cooperation with the
- KC Risk AG
- Deutschen Pfandbriefbank AG
to award practice-oriented theses. Interested students can obtain further information from Prof. Knoll.
You can find formal instructions for writing a thesis here.