Our research mainly covers topics in personnel economics and organization. Our research topics are at the moment:
- Demographic challenges of personnel management
- Determinants and consequences of continuing training
- Quality of professional training
- Diversity on the labour market
- Establishment and individual determinants of wage reductions
Moreover, the chair currently hosts two research projects funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG). The first project on human capital and clean tech innovations is carried out jointly with the Institute for Innovation Research, Technology Management and Entrepreneurship at the Ludwig-Maximilians University (LMU) Munich and the Max Planck Institute for Intellectual Property and Competition Law (MPI) Munich. The second project on determinants of old age employment is part of the DFG priority programme “The German Labour Market in a Globalised World – Challenges through Trade, Technology, and Demographics” (SPP 1764), see www.zew.de/dfg1764.