Research and teaching areas:
- Economic analysis of the dual apprenticeship system
- Continuing training
- Economic consequences of demographic change
- Employee participation
- Incentive systems
Short Curriculum Vitae:
- Studies in economics at University of Regensburg and Vanderbilt University (Nashville TN, USA) 1998-1993
- Research assistant at University of Maastricht (The Netherlands) 1994-1998
- PhD in economics "Human Capital and Unemployment" at University of Maastricht 1998
- Researcher and later adjunct head of research department at Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW), Mannheim 1998-2008
- Habilitation in management "Productivity Effects of Human Resource Measures" at University of Zurich, 2006
- Professorship of Human Resource Management, Munich School of Management, Ludwig-Maximilians University (LMU) Munich, 2008-2012
- Chair of Human Resource Management and Organisation at University of Würzburg, since 2013
- Teaching assignments at the University of Mannheim, European Business School (ebs) Oestrich-Winkel, University of Zurich, University of St. Gallen, and University of Bergamo
- Research visits at University of Zurich, Oxford University, HEC Montréal, and Copenhagen Business School
Member in these scientific associations:
- Member in the council of education economic of the Verein für Socialpolitik
- Member of the International Advisory Board of British Journal of Industrial Relations
- Research Associate at the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW), Mannheim
- Research Fellow at the Research Centre for Education and Labour Market (ROA), University of Maastricht
- Thomas Zwick, Katharina Frosch, Karin Hoisl, Dietmar Harhoff: The Power of Individual-Level Drivers of Inventive Performance, Research Policy 46 (1), 121-137, 2017.
- Jens Mohrenweiser, Thomas Zwick, Uschi Backes-Gellner: Poaching and Firm-Sponsored Training, British Journal of Industrial Relations 57 (1), 143-181, 2019.
- Jens Mohrenweiser, Gabriele Wydra-Somaggio, Thomas Zwick: Information advantages of training employers despite credible training certificates, Oxford Economic Papers, 72(3), 651-671, 2020.
- Boris Hirsch, Elke Jahn, Thomas Zwick: Birds, Birds, Birds: Co-worker Similarity, Workplace Diversity, and Job Switches, British Journal of Industrial Relations, 58 (3), 690-718, 2020.
- Daniel Dietz, Thomas Zwick: Retention effect of training: portability, visibility, and credibility, International Journal of Human Resource Management, 2020.
- Veronika Lukesch, Thomas Zwick: Does tertiary vocational education beat academic education? A matching analysis of young men´s earnings developments, Empirical Research in Vocational Education and Training 12(16), 2020.
- Svenja Lorenz, Thomas Zwick: Money also is sunny in a retiree´s world– financial incentives and work after retirement, Journal for Labour Market Research, 55(21), 2021.
- Johannes Geyer, Peter Haan, Svenja Lorenz, Thomas Zwick, Mona Bruns: Role of Labor Demand in the Labor Market Effects of a Pension Reform, Industrial Relations, online first, 2021.
Link Repec: http://ideas.repec.org/e/pzw6.html
Link ResearchGate: http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thomas_Zwick
Link Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=Gie045AAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao