Research and teaching areas:
- Economic analysis of the dual apprenticeship system
- Continuing training
- Economic consequences of demographic change
- Employee participation
- Incentive systems
Short Curriculum Vitae:
- Studies in economics at University of Regensburg and Vanderbilt University (Nashville TN, USA) 1998-1993
- Research assistant at University of Maastricht (The Netherlands) 1994-1998
- PhD in economics "Human Capital and Unemployment" at University of Maastricht 1998
- Researcher and later adjunct head of research department at Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW), Mannheim 1998-2008
- Habilitation in management "Productivity Effects of Human Resource Measures" at University of Zurich, 2006
- Professorship of Human Resource Management, Munich School of Management, Ludwig-Maximilians University (LMU) Munich, 2008-2012
- Chair of Human Resource Management and Organisation at University of Würzburg, since 2013
- Teaching assignments at the University of Mannheim, European Business School (ebs) Oestrich-Winkel, University of Zurich, University of St. Gallen, and University of Bergamo
- Research visits at University of Zurich, Oxford University, HEC Montréal, and Copenhagen Business School
Member in these scientific associations:
- Member in the council of education economic of the Verein für Socialpolitik
- Member of the International Advisory Board of British Journal of Industrial Relations
- Research Associate at the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW), Mannheim
- Research Fellow at the Research Centre for Education and Labour Market (ROA), University of Maastricht
- Bernhard Boockmann , Thomas Zwick, Andreas Ammermüller, Michael Maier: Do Hiring Subsidies Reduce Unemployment Among Older Workers? Evidence From Two Natural Experiments, Journal of the European Economic Association 10 (4), 735-764, 2012.
- Kathrin Göggel, Thomas Zwick: The Quality of Apprenticeship Training, Scandinavian Journal of Economics 114 (3), 756-779, 2012.
- Thomas Zwick: Consequences of Seniority Wages on the Employment Structure, Industrial and Labor Relations Review 65 (1), 108-125, 2012.
- Christian Göbel, Thomas Zwick: Are Personnel Measures Effective in Increasing Productivity of Old Workers? Labour Economics 22, 80-93, 2013.
- Thomas Zwick: Training older employees: what is effective?, International Journal of Manpower 36 (2), 135-150, 2015.
- Thomas Zwick, Katharina Frosch: Attenuation Bias when Measuring Inventive Performance, Economics of Innovation and New Technology 26 (3), 195-201, 2017.
- Thomas Zwick, Katharina Frosch, Karin Hoisl, Dietmar Harhoff: The Power of Individual-Level Drivers of Inventive Performance, Research Policy 46 (1), 121-137, 2017.
- Jens Mohrenweiser, Thomas Zwick, Uschi Backes-Gellner: Poaching and Firm-Sponsored Training, British Journal of Industrial Relations 57 (1), 143-181, 2019.
- Jens Mohrenweiser, Gabriele Wydra-Somaggio, Thomas Zwick: Information advantages of training employers despite credible training certificates, Oxford Economic Papers, https://doi.org/10.1093/oep/gpz052, 2019.
- Boris Hirsch, Elke Jahn, Thomas Zwick: Birds, Birds, Birds: Co-worker Similarity, Workplace Diversity, and Job Switches, British Journal of Industrial Relations, 2019.
- Daniel Dietz, Thomas Zwick: Training in the Great Recession: Evidence from an individual perspective, Jahrbücher für Nationalökonomie und Statistik, 240(4), 493-524, 2020.
- Daniel Dietz, Thomas Zwick: Retention effect of training: portability, visibility, and credibility, International Journal of Human Resource Management, 2020.
Link Repec http://ideas.repec.org/e/pzw6.html
Link ResearchGate: http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thomas_Zwick