- Economic analysis of the dual apprenticeship system
- Continuing training
- Economic consequences of demographic change
- Employee participation
- Incentive systems
- Chair for Human Resource Management and Organisation at Julius-Maximilians University Würzburg since 2013
- Professor for Human Resource Management, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, 2008-2013
- Habilitation on “Productivity Effects of Human Resource Measures“ at University of Zurich (Switzerland) 2006
- Scientific employee and later deputy head of research department on labour markets at Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW), Mannheim 1998-2008
- PhD on “Human Capital and Unemployment” at University of Maastricht.1998
- Diplom in Economics from University of Regensburg 1993
- Study abroad at Vanderbilt University (USA), 1990-1991
- Lecturer at University of Mannheim, European Business School (ebs), University of Zurich, University of St. Gallen, University of Basel, and University of Bergamo
- Research stays at University of Zurich, University of Oxford, Catholic University Milan, HEC Montréal, Copenhagen Business School, and Institute for Evalation of Labour Market and Education Policy (IFAU) Uppsala
- Field Committee Economics of Education at Verein für Socialpolitik (German Economic Association)
- International Advisory Board of British Journal of Industrial Relations
- Research Associate at Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW), Mannheim
- Research Fellow at Research Centre for Education and Labour Market (ROA), University of Maastricht
- Theresa Michlbauer, Thomas Zwick: Precocious Inventors: Early Patenting Success and Lifetime Inventive Performance, Economics of Innovation and New Technology, forthcoming, 2022.
- Thomas Zwick, Mona Bruns, Johannes Geyer, Svenja Lorenz: Early Retirement of Employees in Demanding Jobs: Evidence from a German Pension Reform, Journal of the Economics of Ageing, 22(100387), 2022.
- Svenja Lorenz, Thomas Zwick, Mona Bruns: Beware of the employer: Financial incentives for employees may fail to prolong old-age employment, Journal of the Economics of Ageing, 21(100363), 2022.
- Johannes Geyer, Peter Haan, Svenja Lorenz, Thomas Zwick, Mona Bruns: Role of Labor Demand in the Labor Market Effects of a Pension Reform, Industrial Relations, 61, 152-192, 2022.
- Daniel Dietz, Thomas Zwick: Retention effect of training: portability, visibility, and credibility, International Journal of Human Resource Management, 33(4), 714-741, 2022.
- Svenja Lorenz, Thomas Zwick: Money also is sunny in a retiree´s world– financial incentives and work after retirement, Journal for Labour Market Research, 55(21), 2021.
- Veronika Lukesch, Thomas Zwick: Does tertiary vocational education beat academic education? A matching analysis of young men´s earnings developments, Empirical Research in Vocational Education and Training 12(16), 2020.
- Boris Hirsch, Elke Jahn, Thomas Zwick: Birds, Birds, Birds: Co-worker Similarity, Workplace Diversity, and Job Switches, British Journal of Industrial Relations, 58(3), 690-718, 2020.
- Jens Mohrenweiser, Gabriele Wydra-Somaggio, Thomas Zwick: Information advantages of training employers despite credible training certificates, Oxford Economic Papers, 72(3), 651-671, 2020.
Link Repec: http://ideas.repec.org/e/pzw6.html
Link ResearchGate: http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thomas_Zwick
Link Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=Gie045AAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao