Winter and summer term
The chair generally participates in the central application procedure via the FLIP system. Therefore, the central application deadlines of the Dean of Studies apply. Under certain circumstances, more participants may be admitted than the maximum number of participants stated there. In addition, interested students are welcome to contact the chair during the semester (i.e. outside the above-mentioned deadlines) with the documents listed below in order to clarify whether supervision is possible (if necessary, also at short notice).
You do not need to enclose any other application documents with your FLIP application (apart from the overview of grades). Instead, please note the following information on the application process:
- In addition to your application via FLIP, please also send us your current transcript of records by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least two days before the application deadline. The application via FLIP alone is not sufficient to be admitted to the chair to work on the thesis.
- We will then review your documents and, if necessary, invite you to a short orientation interview (currently: via Skype) before the application deadline in order to clarify what your thesis could look like thematically and methodologically (see section "Topics").
- If the interview turns out to be positive, we will be happy to offer you supervision. If, on the other hand, we find out during the interview that we have different ideas about the topic, we will let you know before the end of the FLIP application deadline so that you can still change your Chair preferences if necessary.
The deadline for thesis submission is 6 months after the topic has been finally determined and a short reading-in period has taken place. The work is possible during the semester break as well as during the current semester. Supervision is provided by a research assistant.
You need to provide 2 written copies of your thesis and also one digital copy saved on a suitable medium to the "Prüfungsamt". The thesis should extend 60 - 80 pages (graphs not included).
As the author of a thesis, we would like to involve you in the research activities at our Chair. For this reason, all theses will be thematically within the framework of our main research areas and the work on the thesis will be carried out in close cooperation with the Chair team. Unfortunately, we cannot accept proposals for topics outside our research interests. In the above-mentioned orientation meeting, we will then discuss with you which topics you can specifically support us with in the context of our current research projects.
Overview of our research focus areas:
- Development and growth strategies
- The role of the financial system in monetary growth models
- Real vs. monetary growth
- Inequality and growth in Asia
- Digitalisation of the monetary system / CBDC
Remarks on the Formal Reqirements for Seminars and Thesises
Remarks are unfortunately only given in German. Basically we use citation in APA-Style. Please contact us via E-Mail if you want to do your thesis in English.
Fabian Mayer, M.Sc. (email@example.com)