If you are interested in the program and plan to apply, it is advised to contact us before your application.
The application process is described below. It is still subject to change!
Next term: Fall 2022 (August – December 2022); Application Deadline: 18th of Mar 2022 including the following documents:
- Application Form
- International Exchange Student Application Form
- Letter of Motivation and CV
- Academic Records
- Test of English Language Proficiency
- Financial Support Documentation
- Planned Schedule
The application has to be sent by postal mail to:
Lehrstuhl fuer BWL und Wirtschaftsinformatik
FGCU Exchange Program
1. Application Form
Please fill out the application form completely.
2. International Exchange Student Application Form
Please fill out the formcompletely. You need to enter all relevant information, apply for a J-1 U.S. Visa and sign the document.
3. Letter of Motivation and Curriculum Vitæ
Please write a Letter of Motivation in English (max. 1 page), outlining reasons and individual motivation for the semester abroad at the Florida Gulf Coast University. Additionally, please also attach a Curriculum Vitae in English to your application.
4. Academic Records
Additionally, a recent abstract of your module results (to be printed out using sb@home) needs to be attached to the application (you can choose English for the printout) and if you are a master student: certified english copy of your bachelor's certificate and transcript of records.
5. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL or IELTS)
Take part in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). For the application or possibly admission at Florida Gulf Coast University at least 79 points at the internet-based TOEFL or 213 points at the computer-based TOEFL are required. Alternatively, an IELTS can be conducted, a minimum score of 6.5 points is required. The original document is required!
6. Financial Support Documentation
For I-20 purposes, international students are required by the US Immigration and Naturalization Service to show adequate proof of their ability to financially support themselves for the duration of their studies in the USA. All applicants must submit proof of financial resources in US currency equivalent to the cost of attending Florida Gulf Coast University for one semester (or the amount of time at FGCU). For 2021-2022, the estimated amount needed is $8,317.00 USD for one semester (subject to change). A Financial Statement must be completed and signed by an official of a financial institution (such as a bank) where funds are deposited. The document should be dated no more than 6 months prior to the intended date of enrollment. All figures must be in US Dollars. The Financial Statement should be on bank letterhead and in its original form, no photocopies will be accepted. If the account holder is not the student (for example, parents or family) the account holder must also provide a Sponsor Letter Statement. Please refer to the following examples for the Financial Support Letterand the Sponsor Letter.
7. Immunization Statement
Several vaccinations are also needed for an enrollment at Florida Gulf Coast University. Please use for this matter the standard form of FGCU‘s Student Health Service. This form must not be included in the application, but nevertheless is necessary for admission at FGCU. Thus, please take care of this matter in time.
8. Planned Schedule
Please choose your courses of interest from the broad and fill out the course selection form. Furthermore it is not permitted to take online courses, it would not meet the requirements of the exchange program. It is necessary to give an alternative course to every chosen course (i.e. you need to choose 8 courses if you are a undergraduate student or 6 courses if you are a graduate student). Additionally please consider the following frame conditions:
- Bachelor students need to take 12 credit hours (i. e. 4 courses). While selecting courses, please make sure that the prerequisites are accomplished by your current achievements at Wuerzburg University. Please choose your courses from the following list: Click here for the list of Undergraduate Business course options.
- Master students need to take 9 credit hours (i. e. 3 courses). While selecting courses, please make sure that the prerequisites are accomplished by your current achievements at Wuerzburg University. Please choose your courses from the following list: Click here for the list of Graduate Business course options.
- Graduate students must only select graduate level courses (4000 and 5000 level courses) in the College of Business. Undergraduate students must only select (3000 and 4000 level courses) in the College of Business.
- International Students can only take 1 class as a virtual/online course each semester.
- For class schedules, you can visit the course schedule.
- All participants need to choose at least one course out of the fields of Computer Information Systems (CIS) or Information Systems Management (ISM).
- It is not permitted to attend courses in another language than English as this would be against the purpose of the program.
For course descriptions, including course pre-requisites, please see the FGCU Website here.
There is the possibility to get credits for achievements accomplished at FGCU once back at Wuerzburg University. Please get in touch with the corresponding professor or chair department for this matter at an early stage.
9. Copy of Passport
Please attach a copy of your passport to your application.