This module is designed as an ONLINE COURSE for advanced undergraduate and graduate students interested in business information systems and international management. It provides a unique combination of business and information technology and focuses on opportunities emerging from an increasingly digitalized and globalized economy in Europe.
Lectures will cover different aspects of digitalization, business information systems and information management.
Following a highly interactive approach, lectures provide theoretical and practical insights into pivotal topics of the digital economy, including digital business models, business analytics, information management, and emerging technologies, e.g. blockchain.
Cultural activities such as wine tasting and a guided visit tour of the Würzburg Residenz complement the learning experience to provide students with a deep insight into business, culture and everyday life in our region.
After completing the module successfully, students will have a broad understanding of how to identify and capture benefits from digital opportunities in Europe.
Prerequisites and Language Skills
There are no prerequistes except for a basic knowledge in the fields of business management and economics. The language of instruction is English, thus language proficiency on an advanced Intermediate level (B2) is a prerequisite for participation. You can assess your language skills here (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) in order to get orientation as to your language skills.
Four weeks prior to the Summer Module Course students will receive a course reader in electronic form and - on request - in the paper form upon arrival.
Here you find the preliminary schedule of the Summer Module Course 2021.
- Course period: July 18th – July 26th, 2021
- Date of the exam: July 26th , 2021
- Credits earned: 5 ECTS
- Number of participants: 15 - 25 students
- Course coordinators: Prof. Dr. Axel Winkelmann and Prof. Dr. Frederic Thiesse, University of Wuerzburg
- Target group: BSc and MSc students in Business Management or Business Information Systems
- Form of assessment: written exam (60 min.)
December 15th, 2020 - February 28th, 2021 - EARLY BIRD FEE
March 1st, 2021 - April 30th, 2021 - REGUALR FEE
Please follow the instructions listed on the applicaton platform:
- application form (wil be generated by the system, you just have to complete, sign and send to us per e-mail)
- transcript of records (of your current degree programme)
- copy of all your school and university certificates, including subjects and grades.
- short CV
- copy of passport
- copy of your health insurance card and/or your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC = the blue backside of your health insurance card)
Please complete the application form carefully and after signing it return it together with the other documents by mail or e-mail to Agata Stopinska email@example.com
EARLY BIRD APPLICANTS: 150 € (application deadline: February 28th, 2021)
REGULAR FEE: 280 € (application deadline: April 30th, 2021)
Exchange students have a reduced fee of 150 €.
The fee covers:
- lecture material
- final exam
- online guided city tour of Würzburg
- certificate of attendance