Have you ever wondered how small Internet start-ups can grow big and become internationally successful within only a short time? Besides providing a convincing product or service, these start-ups also need: a convincing digital marketing and e-commerce strategy!
In this course, you learn about key approaches, methods, and success factors of implementing an effective digital marketing and e-commerce strategy - and how to apply them especially to start-ups and adapt it to an international and intercultural context.
Key concepts covered in this course include online advertising, social media advertising, influencer marketing, viral marketing, content marketing, online shop design, recommender systems, online review management, online channel management, and mobile marketing. We will discuss how these concepts may work in general as well as in a start-up context – and how different approaches could or should be adapted according to the respective region or culture of operation.
Lectures are blocked on two half days (July 19th and 20th). The rest of the study time is flexibly adaptable to your personal schedule.
- Overall course period: July 19th – July 30th 2021
- Lectures: Lectures 1, 2, and 3: July 19th, 8:30 – 13:00 (CET / UTC+2) – in English via Zoom
Lectures 4, 5, and 6: July 20th, 8:30 – 13:00 (CET / UTC+2) – in English via Zoom (Time Zone Converter)
- Self-studies: July 21st – July 30th (flexible, adaptable to your personal schedule)
- Q&A session: July 27th – via Zoom
- ECTS: 5
- Examination: Graded case study work (due July 30th)
- Main lecturer: Prof. Dr. Jana-Kristin Prigge, Research Group of Digital Marketing & E-Commerce, University of Wuerzburg
- Guest speaker: Prof. Dr. Doris Fischer, Chair of China Business and Economics, University of Wuerzburg
- Contact person: Simon Mütze (email@example.com)
- Course materials will be available via the university’s online platform WueCampus about one week prior to course start
This course is part of the International Summer Module. German students can participate in the class, but are not eligible to take part in the final exam or earn ECTS credits.
Overall application deadline: April 30th 2021
To be eligible for scholarship: April 20th 2021 (scholarships covering full tuition fee)
Application platform: https://flip.wiwi.uni-wuerzburg.de/module-study
Why studying at University of Wuerzburg?
- 14 Nobel Prize Alumni
- Long tradition: Founded in 1402
- Top ranking scores:
- Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2021: 140th globally, 13th in Germany
- 2020 ARWU/Shanghai-Ranking: 203rd globally, 11th in Germany
- Nature Index: 133rd globally, 3rd in Germany
- Among the best research-focused German universities
- Coimbra Group Member
- 28,000 students - 3000 international students
- Dedicated and committed business faculty
We are on Instagram and Facebook!