In case of interest please send all the filled out documents (see the listing below) considering the application deadlines to:
Next term: Spring 2018 (January - May 2018); Application Deadline: September, the 1st (12:00 noon CET) 2017. Please contact Gregor Friedrich-Baasner for more information.
Lehrstuhl fuer BWL und Wirtschaftsinformatik
FGCU Exchange Program
1. Application Form
Please fill out the application form completely.
2. International Exchange Student Application Form
Please fill out the international exchange student application form completely. You need to enter all relevant information, apply for a J-1 U.S. Visa and sign the document.
3. Letter of Motivation and Curriculum Vitæ
Please write a Letter of Motivation in English (max. 1 page), outlining reasons and individual motivation for the semester abroad at Florida Gulf Coast University. Additionally please include a Curriculum Vitae in English also to your application.
4. German High School Transcript
Additionally, a recent abstract of your module results (to be printed out using sb@home) needs to be attached to the application (you can choose English for the printout) as well as a certified copy of your final secondary school examinations (A-Levels, Abiturzeugnis) and if you are a master student: certified copy of your certificate (Bachelor of Science).
5. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
Take part in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). For the application or possibly admission at Florida Gulf Coast University at least 79 points at the internet-based TOEFL or 213 points at the computer-based TOEFL are required. The original document is required!
6. Financial Statement
Furthermore proof needs to be provided about sufficient financial means to finance your stay in the United States. Advice for wording is provided by FGCU’s Office of Admission. Please consider that no tuition fees need to be paid by students of Wuerzburg University when calculating the sum. The proof about sufficient financial means is obligatory in the process of application for a visa for the United States. Therefore please make sure that the proof is stamped and signed by the financial institution and covers the minimum amount of 12.527 $. Besides it is imperative that the proof is not older than six months before the planned departure date.
7. Immunization Statement
Several vaccinations are also needed for an enrollment at Florida Gulf Coast University. Please use for this matter the standard form of FGCU‘s Student Health Service. It is required that all of the stated vaccinations have been received. In case of any doubts the vaccination should be proofed by a blood examination. Please note that the form needs to be signed and stamped by your physician, being not older than six months. you also need to sign the Waiver Box in any case.
8. Planned Schedule
Please choose your courses of interest from the broad and fill out the course selection form. Furthermore it is not permitted to take online course, it would not meet the requirements of the exchange program. It is necessary to give an alternative course to every chosen course. Additionally please consider the following frame conditions.:
- Bachelor students need to take 12 credit hours (i. e. 4 courses). While selecting courses, please make sure that the chosen courses’ course numbers start with 3 or 4 and that the prerequisites are accomplished by your current achievements at Wuerzburg University. Please choose your courses from the following lists:List of undergraduate business courses (Spring) or List of undergraduate business courses (Fall). For more information and course descriptions you can use the offer of classes at FGCU.
- Master students need to take 9 credit hours (i. e. 3 courses). While selecting courses, please make sure that the chosen courses’ course numbers start with 5 or 6 and that the prerequisites are accomplished by your current achievements at Wuerzburg University. Please choose your courses from the following lists: List of graduate business courses (Spring) or List of graduate business courses (Fall). For more information and course descriptions you can use the offer of classes at FGCU.
- All participants need to choose at least one course out of the fields of Computer Information Systems (CIS) or Information Systems Management (ISM).
There is the possibility to get credits for achievements accomplished at FGCU once back at Wuerzburg University. Please get in touch with the corresponding professor or chair department for this matter at an early stage.
9. Certificate in lieu of Transcript
Finally, please create a Certificate in lieu of Transcript (in English) using the provided transcript form and make sure, that
- all achievements are listed chronologically,
- whilst translating the German grades into the American system do not forget the corresponding tendency (e. g. a ‘German’ 1,3 is an ‘American’ A-, a German 1,7 is an American B+)
If you have problems translating the German courses to english, you can get help from Mrs. Briglmeir (E-Mail: Michaela.firstname.lastname@example.org).