Exchange students are required to pay tuition only to their home institutions. However, they are required to pay 105 Euros administrative charges to the University of Wuerzburg for the summer program.
Dorm rooms must be rented for the entire summer program from April to September 2012. There are no short-term rentals available. Prices range between 1,116 and 1,680 Euros for the entire program. Additionally, there is a non-refundable 200 Euros reservation deposit, that will be applied towards a (damage) deposit between 280 Euros to 550 Euros depending on the size and the style of the rooms available. The optional caretaker package costs 110 Euros.
Meal prices are slightly lower compared to the United States. Students can have lunch or dinner at the cafeteria for 3 Euros to 5 Euros per meal.
- Bus fees: usage of public transportation such as buses or streetcars is free of charge for all students
- Registration at City Hall: free of charge, unless you need a visa for Germany.
- Residence Permit: app. 50 Euros
- German State Health Insurance: Students are free to decide whether they want to purchase German Health Insurance or not. If they already have a US Health Insurance, which includes international coverage, students only have to get a letter from a German State Health Insurance at no extra charge. If students decide to take a German State Health Insurance this would be app. 80 Euros per month (May to August equals 4 months).
- Biometric Passport Photograph: app. 10 Euros
- Student ID: will be issued after payment of the administrative charges
- E-Mail-Account: included in administrative charges
- Use of information processing infrastructure: included in administrative charges