Applications now possible via WueStudy - Deadline 15 July 2024
The Master Management International is a fully English-speaking and accredited program designed for students who seek an international study experience, an international career, and international students.
The program stands out from other standard business administration master's programs and is one of the top programs in Germany and Bavaria.
- Degree programme: Management International (Master of Science)
- Duration: 4 Semesters (120 ECTS)
- Language of instruction: English
- Start of Study: Winter semester 2024/25 (October 2024)
- Examination regulations and admission requirements: see the following document
- Study Abroad: one or two semester at our partner universities
- Semester fee: For Student Services and for the student public transportation ticket - more information
The diagram illustrates the structure of the Master's program in Management International. The structure is based on the three main areas of core, track and the thesis area. 60 ECTS are earned in the core, 30 ECTS in the track and 30 ECTS in the master's thesis.
You can find a preliminary overview of the modules included and the study structure in the following document. Likewise, you can inform yourself about the different tracks offered.
In the Core area, students complete courses from the sub-areas Management (20 ECTS), Economics (15 ECTS), Data Analysis (15 ECTS) and Research & Communication (10 ECTS). Students can choose from a predefined pool of courses within the subareas, but must complete the listed number of ECTS credits in each area. The choices provide an opportunity for students to select courses that match their interests, allowing them to customize their studies.
This mandatory elective area provides students with a comprehensive view and acquisition of essential knowledge from all subfields of management & economics and provides the basis for further specialization during the course of study.
The Track area enables students to specialize and focus their studies in greater depth. Students can choose between three different tracks, within the framework of which 30 ECTS credits are earned. The following tracks are available:
- Track 1: Finance & Accounting
- Track 2: Operations & Information Management
- Track 3: Marketing & Entrepreneurship
Students have to choose one of the above mentioned tracks. Within a track, 20 ECTS are earned in a core area and 10 ECTS in a seminar. The seminar can be taken in the second semester at the earliest, as the application for this must always be made one semester in advance.
- Language requirements in English
English language skills should be at a level of B2. Alternatively, language requirements can be met by:
a) Test of English as a Foreign language (TOEFL) with at least 72 points (Internet-based TOEFL)
b) International English Language Test System (IELTS) with a score of 6.0 or better
c) Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE)
d) Bachelor's degree from an English-taught course
- Language requirements in German
Proof of German skills at basic (A2) level is required by the end of the re-registration period for the 3rd semester at the latest - not necessary for application.
- Admission to the Master Management International requires a Bachelor's degree in business administration or economics that covers core competencies in management, economics, and methods. The following competencies should be acquired in the Bachelor's degree program:
- Competencies from modules amounting to at least 20 ECTS credits in the fields of mathematics, statistics, econometrics, and application-oriented business informatics, with at least 15 ECTS credits in the fields of mathematics, statistics, or econometrics;
- Competencies from modules in the amount of at least 30 ECTS credits from the field of business administration;
- Competences from modules of at least 30 ECTS credits from the field of economics, in particular from the field
of economics, business informatics and law.
- If you are not sure whether you meet access requirements, please feel free to contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not meet the access requirements, please also contact us at the above e-mail. We will explain your options to you.
- In the second step, your grade from your bachelor's degree counts after the competencies. Applicants with a bachelor grade better than 2.0, will automatically be admitted.
- If you do not meet this grade, you can take a GMAT Focus test to improve your grade. If you have at least 565 points in the GMAT Focus test, you will automatically receive admission.
- Start: End of January 2024
- End: July 15th 2024
- Online application via the portal WueStudy
- Please contact the International Office: email@example.com. They will provide you with information on which further documents we require.
Non-EU Bachelor graduates
- If your Bachelor degree was acquired at an institution outside of the EU or any EEA country, you have to apply for a VPD timely and upload it along with your documents within the application proceed.
Studying abroad is a popular way for students to live in a new environment for some time and to get to know a foreign country, a different educational system and new people in a foreign language. Therefore, this type of experience is highly recommended!
You have a guaranteed place to study abroad. Credits can be made to placeholders in both the core and track areas. Students receive support from the Office of the Dean of Studies in the planning, organization and crediting of achievements. A stay abroad is recommended in the 3rd/4th semester.
In contrast to the Master's program Management, the language of the Master's program Management International is English. Only courses in English are offered. Another difference is the design of the course of study. The Management International offers a more concrete course in the Core area, but students still have options for specialization in the Track area.
Another special feature is the start of the program, which, in contrast to the Master Management, is only possible in the winter semester for the Master Management International and is associated with other admission requirements.