Deutsch Intern
Faculty of Business Management and Economics

General Information

Students who are interested in studying abroad should start planning their plans early, i.e. about 1 1/2 years in advance. It is recommended that Bachelor students apply for a stay abroad in the 3rd/4th semester and Master students in the 1st/2nd semester, so that they can go abroad in the 5th/6th semester (for Bachelor students) or in the 3rd/4th semester (for Master students).

The Faculty of Economic Sciences offers places for exchange studies through the Erasmus program  (within Europe) or the partnership programs (outside Europe). In addition, students can apply for an exchange place through the International Office of the University of Würzburg.

Alternatively, you can organize your stay abroad on your own as a so-called "free mover". In this case, it should be noted that both the financial and organizational effort is much higher. For example, you may have to pay any tuition fees yourself. Finding financial support as a "free mover" is much more time-consuming and difficult.

Most host universities require a language certificate in the national language or in English for the application. You can obtain the corresponding proof of your foreign language skills at the Center for Languages. This is the so-called mobility test. The test and the issuing of the proof are subject to a fee (20€).

Detailed information can be found here.

Within the framework of ERASMUS+, study stays or internships can be financially supported by so-called mobility grants. Eligible stays are between three and twelve months. The monthly grant is based on the cost of living in the host country.
A study stay through a partnership program (outside the ERASMUS area) can be funded through a so-called PROMOS scholarship. However, students are required to apply for this.

If you want to study outside the European Union, you will need a visa for many countries. Therefore, please inquire at the responsible foreign mission (embassy or consulate) far enough in advance and submit the application as soon as you have received the official confirmation of admission from the host university.
Outside Europe, a passport is also required.

Would you like to do an internship abroad during your studies? The university or faculty cannot arrange internships for you, but they can point out funding and placement opportunities. Helpful information can also be found in the DAAD brochure.

Internship exchange: In the job and career portal of the university's Career Center you can find internships abroad for students of economics In addition, there is an internship exchange on the pages of the International Office as well as helpful information, such as external internship exchanges, funding opportunities or country-specific information. Moreover, there are numerous external providers for internships abroad. You can find an overview here.
ERASMUS+ scholarship: Within the framework of ERASMUS+, internships in one of the 28 member states of the European Union, Northern Macedonia, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway and Turkey can be funded. Students can apply for an ERASMUS internship starting in their first year of study. An internship can be carried out independently or in combination with an ERASMUS study visit. The ERASMUS+ program can support students up to 12 months per study period (Bachelor, Master, Doctorate).
Promos scholarship: With PROMOS, you can have a stay of up to six months abroad funded, regardless of whether it is a study program or an internship. Information on PROMOS funding as well as advice is provided. Detailed information about funding opportunities is provided by the International Office.
Crediting: Internships can be credited as a General Key Qualification in the Bachelor's program in Economics within the framework of the Key Qualifications. Please read the FAQ under "Study structure, examination regulations, elective and key qualification area".