Starting in the 2018/19 the Faculty of Business Management and Economics offers a double degree programme with the University of Ghent, Faculty for Economics and Business Administration.
A double degree programme is an integrated international course of study that takes place partly at the University of Würzburg and partly at an international partner university, in this case at the University of Ghent. This programme gives students the opportunity to pursue two master's degrees from two universities in just two years.
That means, within four semesters, well-qualified students can complete both a M.Sc. degree in International Economic Policy at the University of Würzburg, as well as a M.Sc. degree in Economics at University of Ghent.
- Language of instruction: English
- Duration of study: 4 semesters full time (1st semester in Würzburg, 2nd and 3rd semester in Ghent, 4th semester in Würzburg)
- Degree: M.Sc. in International Economic Policy (Würzburg)/ M.Sc. in Economics (Ghent)
- Application deadline: May 15th
- Fees: no tuition fees at partner university
- Programme adviser: Prof. Fehr
The double degree programme provides a fully integrated course structure over 4 semesters.
It is designed for students who start in the summer term in Würzburg. Students have to register for this programme at the beginning of their studies since they will be enrolled at both universities during all four semesters.
Students in this programme will typically take six courses of "Core Electives" during the summer term in Würzburg. Then they switch for one year to Ghent where they take all their courses of "Core", choose a "Major" either in Financial Institutions and Markets or in Economic Policy, choose two courses in "Electives" and write a paper in the "Research Seminar". Courses taken in Ghent will be either matched with courses of "Core Electives" or transfered in "Electives". After their return to Würzburg the programme will be completed with the "Master thesis".
Below, you will find information about the structure of the double degree programme:
- Two academic degrees: Students the possibility to be part of a new academic programme at a partner university. After successfully completing the program, participants are awarded an academic degree from University of Würzburg and one from the University of Ghent.
International programme: Students spend part of the program abroad in Ghent. The Double Degree Program ensures the equivalence of courses completed abroad.
Tuition fee waiver: Students are not required to pay tuition fees at the partner university while studying abroad.
Intercultural experience and personal development: The one-year study abroad period creates the possibility to develop an intensive familiarity with two different cultures and lifestyles. Additionally you develop yourself personally as well as your intercultural competence.
Students have to be admitted to the master’s programme International Economic Policy to apply for the Double Degree Program.